Ola electric is all set to open the world’s largest scooter manufacturing facility that will initially have an annual production capacity of 2 million units. To follow-up scenario, Ola is launching its first break in the form of powerful Ola Electric Scooter.
Ola has been one of the top companies in the mobility business & is very popular for its online transportation facilities. Ola is a Bangalore based company founded by 2 IIT Bombay graduates, Bhavish Aggarwal & Ankit Bhati back in 2010 & from then no Ola has witnessed a terrific business & is still going strong.
From the year 2018, Ola has started its services in Australia, New Zealand & London too. More than 25,000 drivers have registered to collaborate & work with Ola. They provide services ranging from economy to luxury cars & they have also begun Ola auto rickshaws. You need to book a cab through the Ola app & it is very user-friendly for a common person.
Ola has recently come up with the Ola Electric Scooter which awaits a launch soon. Bhavish Aggarwal was recently seen taking the new beauty out for a spin on the streets of Bangalore. Ola plans to set up over 5,000 charging stations spread across 100 cities in India for recharging the vehicles.
What’s so exciting about the new Ola Electric Scooter?
- The new Ola Electric Scooter is supposed to cover a long range of 240 km on a single charge, all thanks to its 3 swappable battery packs measuring 1.155 kWh each. However, this range is measured at a constant speed of 20kmph, so in real world, the range will be certainly lower.
- The all-new Ola Electric Scooter claims to feature a non-removable battery pack with a range of around 150 km.
- Using the charging stations, the battery can be charged up to 50% in 18 minutes, offering a claimed range of approximately 75 km.
- It is powered by a 50 Nm motor with an output of 6 kW in its peak and continuous output of 3 kW, which allows it to possibly accelerate to 45 kmph in 3.9 sec.
- It has disc brakes at both ends of 200 mm & 180 mm & rolls on 12-inch wheels made of alloy.
- Both wheels are entirely visible from the right side as it has Single-sided suspension in the front as well as the rear.
- This is a technology-friendly scooter with Bluetooth connectivity that you can pair up to your phone to enjoy features such as geo-fencing, remote locking or unlocking, on-screen navigation, and take phone calls and play music.
- It also has spacious under-seat storage, removable Lithium-ion battery, digital instrument console, cloud connectivity.
Expected Price & Launch Date
The scooter is expected to be priced at 1,00,000 INR & it might launch soon in this year itself. Bajaj, TVS, Ather & other companies can expect a tough competition with Ola in the near future.
The Business side
Ola is supposed to have invested 2,400-crore INR for setting up its first electric scooter factory in Tamil Nadu. After completion, the factory will be providing around 10,000 jobs and is set to be the world’s largest scooter manufacturing facility that will initially have an annual capacity of 2 million units.
Ola e Scooter Summary–
BATTERY CAPACITY: 1155 kWh
MOTOR POWER: 6000 W
DRIVING DISTANCE: 80 Km/Hr
MOTOR TYPE: AC Brushless
PRICE: 1,00,000 INR
Write Your Valuable reviews to our story and Join Us @Telegram