- PCOS CAUSES LINKED WITH IRREGULAR PERIODS(MENSTRUATION)
- SYMPTOMS OF PCOS SYNDROME :
- D DIAGNOSIS OF PCOS
- TIPS TO IMPROVISE AND TREAT PCOS NATURALLY
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) Irregular periods or missed period is the most common cause of concern amongst women. Every woman is disparate and so are their bodies, some happen to be accurate clockwise and some happen to be uncertain and unpredictable hitting or missing their regular biological cycles. Normally a period lasts for about 2-8 days and the cycle is repeated every 28 days. A natural menstruation cycle can vary from 21 to 35 days. Some of the telltale signs associated with menstrual problems are as follows :
Missing three or more periods in continuity.
Periods occur in less than 21 and more than 35 days of the span of time.
Menstrual flow is unusually higher or lighter and persists to last for more than 7 days.
Periods accompanied by intensive cramps, nausea, and pain.
There are various reasons which can cause a missed period or uncertainty in the menstrual cycle. Variations in the levels of hormones like Progesterone and Estrogen are mostly responsible for disrupting the normal cycle of menstruation. Therefore many young girls who just had their menarche and are in their blooming years of puberty or the adult women approaching the phase of menopause are more likely to face such difficulties. Some other factors which account for the irregular periods are as follows
- Excessive stress- When under stress or anxiety our body produces a hormone called cortisol this can affect the female reproductive system and can may lead to irregular periods if the stress levels continue for an extended period of time. This can result in a condition called secondary amenorrhea or a temporary stop to the menstrual cycle.
- Endometriosis – This is a biological condition in which the endometrial tissue which lines the uterus starts growing outside the uterus, it starts growing in between the intestines and the lower digestive area. This can cause atypical cramps and bleeding before the start or completion of the period.
- Birth Control Pills – Birth control pills constitute an amalgamation of both progesterone and estrogen hormones. It is used to prevent pregnancy by stopping the release of eggs from the ovaries. Women who are under birth control often suffer from irregular or missed periods up to six months even after the discontinuation of the dose of the birth control pills.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome(PCOS) – This is a medical condition in which a woman’s body produces greater levels of the hormone androgen which is a male hormone. This can lead to the formation of small fluid-filled structures called cysts in the ovaries. The altering hormones prevent the eggs from maturing and therefore uncertain ovulation can result in an irregular menstrual cycle. This condition is linked with several other things which include, irregular periods, obesity, infertility, and hirsutism( abnormal and excessive growth of hair or suffering from skin-related health problems like acne).
SYMPTOMS OF PCOS SYNDROME :
- Excessive growth of hair- Around 70% of women suffering from this medical condition tend to have excessive growth of facial hair and body, growth of hair on the back and belly. This condition is called Hirtrusim.
- Heavy Bleeding – Due to the inconsistent ovulation cycle, the uterus line continues to build up for a long time which may eventually lead to heavy bleeding once the menstruation takes place.
- Weight Gain – Up to 80% of women suffering from the medical condition of PCOS are overweight and suffer from corpulence.
- Acne – Increased levels of male hormones can trigger oily skin and therefore result in acne breakouts and other skin-related issues.
- Headache and darkening of the skin- The fluctuation in hormones can cause headaches in some women. It is also observed the formation of dark patches and creases on the body near the neck and other body parts due to PCOS.
TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF PCOS
PCOS is generally diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound or pelvic exam. The doctors mainly look out for the higher level of male hormones and formation of cysts in ovaries while the detection of the syndrome.
PCOS disrupts the conventional menstruation cycle and can cause infertility problems. Around 80% of women suffering from PCOS have been reported to face fertility problems and find it difficult to get pregnant. However, this situation is resolved by fertility treatments and advancements in medical science.
SIMPLE TIPS TO IMPROVISE AND TREAT PCOS NATURALLY
It all starts with a healthy diet and balanced nutrients rich diet. Losing 5 to 10 percent of body fat by exercising regularly and rational food habits can help in curing the PCOS symptoms. Intake of a low carbohydrate diet and food rich in fiber can help in regulating both cholesterols and insulin levels in the body which is highly beneficial in the treatment of PCOS.
Hope you have found this article useful! Leave A Comment As Your Opinion
Stay Tuned For Our Next Helping Article Till Than Be healthy. 🙂